Many brides and bridesmaids will choose a one shoulder gown for their wedding day. Often times the dress will be very intricate around the shoulder and bodice. Beautiful beading or delicate lace usually covers these areas. I always find this style so beautiful.
When choosing a hairstyle for this dress, an updo, side swept braid or ponytail is perfect!
Updo: You will want to find something soft, sweet, romantic… and not too intricate! You definitely don’t want to take away from the beauty of the dress. I think the perfect style is a Messy-With-A-Purpose side bun! Be sure to have the bun on the same side as your bare shoulder.
Side Swept Braid Or Ponytail: This hairstyle is perfect for those who wanted a down look. It gives the impression of still having long hair. Plus you won’t have to worry about it getting caught on the beading or lace.
For the bride, I would add some delicate crystal hair jewelry or simple baby’s breath.
For a bridesmaid, its best to keep the style simple.. just a soft loose look. Remember you don’t want to take away from the bride!
If you have any more questions on the best style for you dress, contact me at CherryBlossomBelles@
Have you thought about wearing a half-updo for your next special occasion? These styles are beautiful. A half-updo is very versatile…. and can be worn for a casual or fancy occasion.
Before your heart is set on this style, you may want to take a few things into consideration.
– No Humidity….. works best for half-updo styles. When there is moisture in the
air your hair won’t hold a curl.
– Not too hot….. because your hair will stick to your neck and back causing the
hair to frizz and/or straighten.
– Perfect for fall and winter….. the weather tends to be less humid and on the
cooler side! Making this style absolutely perfect.
- Strapless or Spaghetti Strap Gowns.
– Dresses that have any type of sleeve or thick strap tend to not work well with
this style. The hairstyle will often times take away from the beauty of the gown
in these cases.
- Your Jewelry and/or Beading.
– Stud earrings, bold/elaborate necklaces, and heavily beaded gowns around the bodice don’t usually don’t work well with a half-updo. The hair will often get tangled in the necklace and beading… causing the curls to frizz and/or fall out.
It is so important to take into consideration these factors when deciding on your hairstyle! Best of luck with all your planning!!